With the help of this post, you can unlock all supported E5577 models with “s” suffix (Like E5577s-301, E5577-321 and so on).
Huawei is a leading manufacturer of modems and pocket wifi devices – in fact, your carrier-branded pocket wifi is most likely a Huawei device with your carrier’s logo painted onto it, and locked to your carrier’s SIM cards. You could just buy an open-line Huawei modem directly from Huawei, but if you’ve bought a carrier-locked modem and want to stick your finger at the corporations, read on.
In this guide, I will show you how to unlock your carrier-locked Huawei modem to accept other carrier SIMs.
How to Unlock Huawei Modem / Pocket WiFi Devices
Navigate to your modems homepage (usually by entering an IP address such as 192.168.8.1 into your browser address bar) and go into the Advanced Settings > Device Information. Write down your IMEI number. Alternatively, you can look inside your device, underneath the battery.
1. Firstly, install proper Huawei USB Drivers (Universal drivers) on your PC.
2. Take a standard USB cable and connect the device with PC.
3. Now you need to install Huawei Modem Unlocker tool from zip folder to your PC.
4. Unzip the tool package and install it on your PC by following the on-screen instructions.
5. Launch the tool and tap on ‘Refresh’.
6. Now you need to select the option “Auto-Unlock Modem” inside the tool.
7. Finally, click on the “Unlock” button to unlock your modem.